Beginning a trial in Dynamics 365 is useful for learning, demos and testing out operations and applications before committing to the platform!
1. go to https://trials.dynamics.com/ >> click on Try for free.
2. Without inputting an email, click on the blue button: Start your free trial >> Then it’ll let you set up a new trial account
3. Click on Create a new account
4. Input the email you would like to use for the trial (you can use your personal or work email here)
5. click on Create new account
6. Fill in the information for part 2
7. Receive the verification code and you’re set for the trial!
Next, here are the steps to set up a trial platform within your new account
1. Once the Power Platform admin center loads, select the + New button in the top left. Name your trial to whatever you’d like – you can add the date of creation to make searches easier, make sure the type is Trial (subscription-based) and create a database.
2. Click Next and now you’ll add the database. Make sure to provide the domain name for your trial unless you would like a RNG URL and enable the Dynamics 365 apps. Lastly, for the drop down underneath “automatically deploy these apps” select All enterprise applications -(note: selecting this will provide all the apps available which is why it is a good default)
3. Hit Save, and you should see: “New environment CRM demo 20211227 is getting prepared. It can be used once active.” Refresh your page and just wait until it is finished.
4. Wait for the state to be “ready” then click on your new environment.
5. It should look like this, then click on the environment URL in the purple text.
6, when the site finishes loading (it might take a while), this is how it should look like: (sales hub is a good place to start!)
If you would like to change your URL to be more user-friendly, you can go back to the page found on step 5.
Click on Edit and this will pop up: under URL, you can edit it to be the URL you’d like.